10 Feb Clinical Research Career Day and CTA Job opportunities, Montreal, Feb. 13th, 2014
* * *
The Clinical Research Career Day reported from last week will be held on Thursday, Feb. 13, 2014 from 6:00 PM in the Jean-de-Brebeuf College at 3200 Ch. de la côte Ste-Catherine, Montréal, H3T 1C1, room 1.122
*Working in Regulatory Affairs. Professions, job requirements, how to get in, my experience
Patricia Smith, PhD, RAC, Regulatory Affairs Consultant at Otsuka Pharmaceutical
*What is a Site Management Organization (SMO) and a Contract Research Organization (CRO)
Svet Kristof, MSc, CCRA, Managing Director of Access Clinical Research SMO/CRO
*Phase I Infectious Diseases Clinical trial on a combination therapy for treatment of malaria
Soriba Siccé, PhD, CEO and founder of Karici Diagnostocs, Inc.
Admission: Early birds: $10 At the door: $15 Students and assistants: $10
Qualified staff with the following experience will be needed for the infectious diseases study:
– Knowledge of GCP requirements, Canadian/FRSQ regulations is a plus
– Experience in design of Protocol and Investigation brochure, or
– Experience in preparation of Clinical trial application in Quebec, or
– Training or experience in IRB submission process, or
– Design of Informed consent and Patient brochure, or
– Design of CRF and other trial related documentation, or
– Investigator s and patients recruitment, study start-up,
– Experience in clinical projects management is a plus
– Experience in infectious diseases (malaria) is a plus
– Registered nurse or phlebotomy certificate is a plus
– Functional bilingualism in French and English is a plus
Other administrative and support tasks will be provided also. The study will be carried out by the
CRO/SMO Access Clinical Research affiliated to CRA School and its objective is to provide the
first Canadian clinical trial experience as pro bono CTA (Clinical Trial Assistant) to students,
alumni and other candidates and position them as working already in the field. Bring your CV.
Priority to SMO members. More clinical trials will be provided for the members coop placement.
Number of places limited to 35. Please register in advance to cra.careers.days @ gmail.com
and specify what text to type on your badge (names, degree, position, organization, etc)
Metro University of Montréal, go down aside the HEC, the college is on your left, in front of the
Ste-Justine hospital. Use the side entry from avenue Decelles. Free parking for the participants.
Please forward this information to friends who may be interested in clinical research careers.